Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Beauty Box Subscriptions

So I had subscribed for Beauty Boxes. I first joined Sample Society at Beautybar.com and then Birchbox.

The August 2012 box from Sample Society is AMAZING. The sample I was most excited about and pleased to see was a FULL-SIZED Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in the Color Private Dancer. It is a gorgeous amazing purple with iridescence.



The other samples in the box were decent too. There was a Jane Iredale Longest Lash Mascara. The packaging is a squeezable tube, which makes the mascara more versatile. You can control the amount you want on the brush. I think I will be enjoying this sample too.

I love natural skincare as well. So the sample of Elemental Herbology's Moisture Milk was great to get as well. The packaging says the lotion is ultra-light. I really hope this does not break me out. I took a whiff of the lotion too. Smells quite like natural lavender, kind of reminded me of Steam Cream and Lush's Dream Cream.

I tend to dye my hair often and need to use masks and oils. Not that my hair is highly damaged or anything. I just like taking preventative measures. There was also a small sample of Phyto's phytonectar oil. The only other oils I have tried for my hair are Moroccan oil and Wen's Sweet Almond Mint Replenishing treatment. I shall compare these items and review eventually.

The box also contained a toner from Arcona. It says its a cranberry toner. It doesn't excite me that much and there seems to be a weird iridescent shimmer in the toner and the pink color bothers me. This item seems like it might irritate my skin because of the unnecessary additives.

My least favorite sample was Malin+Gotez Vitamin E Face Moisturizer. It was just a teeny tiny packet. Whish they sent more of it at least.

Here is a picutre of the awesome sample society box for August 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment